Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Short Story Outline

The students have limited time to write the full short story. Although I had the tendency to give comments and to correct all the grammatical errors, I've decided to restrain myself from doing so. I keep reminding myself that this is not a grammar class and I should focus on the contents of the story. 

However, frequent grammatical errors can be distracting and hinders the enjoyment of reading. I'm glad that I did not have to use my red pen in correcting or commenting the hardcopy of the outlines. Using red pens will make the process of marking slower as I tend to automatically underline or circle the errors. 

Well, in online version, I highlighted and typed the comments to the outlines that were submitted earlier before the deadline. There weren't many. Only 5 of them. The rest submitted just before the due date. 

No comments: