Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Global Phone Test

“What would you do if you found a mobile phone?”

The responses that I got from my students were:

Keep it.
Ignore.
Call from the list.
Wait for someone to call.
Sell it.
Sell it and buy another phone.
Give it away as a gift.
Use the credit and then sell it.

I asked each one of them while trying to recall their names.
I still remember most names.

After that, I distributed the article ‘Global Phone Test’, from Reader’s Digest, August 2007 to almost 60 students and made them read the article and respond to it.

As requested, I would like to hear you views.

How do you feel when you discovered that the lowest return rate (43%) of the lost mobile phone is Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong?

Why do you think this happened?

What does it mean to you?

Does it mean that honesty is a rare virtue in our country?

3 comments:

farra dina said...

It's a shock actually when most of us answered that they were going to KEEP the handphone rather than waiting for the owner to get it back.

I don't know, but as for me, Malaysian's level of honesty has declined. It's a shame because the result of the global mobile phone test is published in the Reader's Digest..I think this will effect our campaign on Visit Malaysia 2007.. :(

bubu said...

It is kind of shock to hear that our country have the lowest
amount of people who have honest people living in it. As one of the Islamic country, we should be the role model for other countries. I’m very disappointed with the person who took other’s belonging. They should be ashamed of their behavior. I lost my hand phone once. It happens two years ago. I leave it at the counter and after a few minutes, it’s already gone. I hope people will notice their mistake and try to change their attitude. Once they lost their belonging, they won’t took other’s anymore.

pRivAte&cOnfiDentiAl said...

Ya I strongly agree with you Farra Dina..
It’s a shame when we know our country got the lowest rate.I think teenagers nowadays do not have the honesty attitude anymore.We should do something to make them realise.I hope that one day all teenagers can change their attitude.