Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Introductory Classes-Week 1

Up till now, my students in the 3 of the 5 classes I'm teaching, D1S1, D2B3 & D2B4 should have created their blogs. For D2B3 and D2B4, they only get to go to the Cyber Lingua Lab fortnightly, but D1S1 is very lucky to have the lab session weekly. For all the 3 classes I have 6 contact hours with them. Wheres the other 2 classes are 3 hours and 2 hours weekly.

For the first week, it has been a great time getting to know each of them. As usual, I make it a point to remember all their names on the first day of class itself. I really took the time to do the 'ice-breaking' session as I want to know them such as their nicknames, where they come from, their birthdays, their interests. All these are very important as they help me to think of suitable activities that can match their interests and personalities.

From the first entry of their blogs, I can see that some of them are very creative and a few have the talent to write. Nevertheless, there are glaring grammatical errors in some of the writings. To encourage further writing,as well as, confidence, I will not highlight the errors directly and make them too conscious to write later on. Some of them admitting their broken English. I will, of course from here, can guide them on the proper usage based on those errors.

to be continued...

No comments: