Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Novelists and Reporters

Again, I 'm impressed with my students' creativity. For the past two days,they have submitted their designs of CD Covers and lyrics of their hit songs. They really seemed to enjoy this activity. From this activity, I've actually let them practice giving specific information, that matches with the learning point stated in the scheme of work for the Mainstream English I.

This week, I've created another activity that allows them to practice WH-Questions. For the first 10 minutes, each one of them imagined to be a novelist and a reporter. They had to think about the title of the novel and the storyline, as well as , questions to ask as a reporter. Each of them took turns in group of 4 to switch roles. Each one had 10 minutes to play the different roles.

Well, we'll read their responses about this activity in their blogs or here.

Before, I ended my class today,they were anxious to know what will the next activity be.

I told them,"It's going to be a surprise!"

10 comments:

iEda said...

ASSSALAMUALAIKUM...
to my beloved lecture, yesterday I found your class is so fun..I have become repoter as the same time become a novelist and recoder..I cannot wait to attend your next class....bye for now :P

samsiah said...

Assalamualaikum..
Dear Pn Shima,
I like this activity because it's can increase my brave to speak English langue. The activity is very interesting because I like to write but I write in malay, not English. From this activity, I can start write more story in English. Thank you madam..

SalizaKadir said...

salam..
hye pn shima..it's saliza ere =)
i found ur classes interesting too,jez like the others..
but Gosh,i'm too bad in public speaking it kills!! but thanks fer all the tips u gave (^_^)v
n ur ideas of actvts are brilliant!!

sitimaimunah said...

Dear Madam Nazhatulshima,

I want to say thanks to you because give me opportunity to give experience the job of novelist and reporter do. Besides that, I really love to ask people what they are doing in their routine life and career. Sometimes, it gives me an idea for me to do amazing activities. I really appreciate it. I hope you can introduce me more fun activities so I could know myself. That’s all that I can say and always keep you in touch………….

suryani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suryani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
misz azie said...

Hye..
Assalamualaikum everyone..
From this activity I think we can known how communicate with the others to get the information that we want. Suddenly, we are also can be a novelist and reporter after one minutes. It is a so interesting. Have a laugh together in the class. I'm so happy with that. Thank You Pn Shima..
Smile always and keep in touch with me..
Tq,Bye...

ninie said...

Dear Pn Shima...
I'm sorry because i'm late give a comment to your blog. In your activities that you want us to be a novelists and reporters are very best activity. I hope after this you may give us the best activity that give us more happy in your class and not so bored.

izzah said...

Dear Pn Shima,
Your activity in our class is so interesting... I like this activity because I can speak english with my partner speaking group. From this activity I know that my speaking in English language is too bad.I also shy to ask although I have many idea to share. But.....if speak in english I dont know what to speak. That why I want to thank to you because do this activity. It give me brave to speak english. From that it can also improve my language in english. Thankk you.

humaira said...

aiii madam shima,hehe i don`t know that if my novel is good,but i am really lack of idea, i don`t know what the plot since i am really don`t read novel,anyway thanks for giving me the oppurtunity to do this because it is quite interesting to act as a novelist and reporter